10/18/2008

Blowing out more than candles.

I went to the most extravagant but coolest kid birthday party today. It was a carnival theme and let me tell you..they were dead on. When we first pulled up there was signs they had made to say things like "Seth's Grand Carnival is in town, for one day only, come see it!" and then had a clown to 'park us'. We get out and he hands us a ticket. Yes, a ticket. Then when we walk around to the yard, there's a ticket booth with another clown to take our gifts and give us our bag 'o treats in exchange for our ticket we just got. Okay, so we walk in through a ring of balloons and into the 'carnival'. OMG, is this for real? There were bounce houses, ring tosses, clowns, face painting, trains, and pony rides. And the food was even a great match with snow cones, an old fashioned popcorn machine, hot dogs, pizza, and cotton candy. They have a house with a ginormous big yard, so they had the room to put booths and little tents everywhere with each game or food. And then on te tables they had candy and popcorn in little buckets with shovels. I didn't mention to you that in our bag o' treats, there were 'Seth bucks' (fake money they made with the kids face on it) to spend on your food and tickets to ride the train or a pony or to play each game. You even won prizes! We didn't stay the whole time because it was 85 degrees out and Gracie was getting tired, but it was overall a very fun-filled day.
Even though it was fun and such a cute idea..what happened to the simple cake and ice cream, dancing in the sprinkler parties? Am I the only one to find this crazy?!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

That is out of control! I will not be doing that for my kids...that's a little much for me.

d.a.r. said...

While it sounds like a blast, that is insane. I mean, really, do you even remember your 4th or 5th or 6th birthday? I barely remember what I did last year! What a giant waste of money, haha!

Keri said...

Wow...Um, I make cupcakes for my boys birthdays. They seem to love it.

I guess I'm lucky they're young enough they don't know the difference now huh? No way we can compete with the type of party you describe here!

ABW said...

Ummm.....that's out of control! What are they going to top that when they get older? What about 16,, are they taking all their friends to Europe? (If so, please introduce us)

We go low key family parties, and I spend more on the gifts for them. Last year for my daughter I took her to the American Girl store and spent the weekend in Dallas. Far better memories...