9/06/2008

Meeting You <3

Well, I'm now considered part of this crazy army life. I'm totally in love and it's with yes, a soldier. And I wouldn't have it any other way.
We literally "met" only a short month ago, when he came home on leave. Yes, seriously only a month ago. However we have been pen pals for 10 months. I'm not ashamed to say that I've joined the banwagon of people that have met their special someone online. First off, I've been sending random soldier's care packages for a while now. Most of them write me a little something back to say how much they are appreciated. But honestly, how can I not? So, while I did this I came across this one site with webcams (sounds kinky, but it really isn't!) where you can talk to people and see them at the same time! I was in the chat for like the 2nd week and saw him. He was in his uniform and had his buddy sitting next to him. Ofcourse I was intrigued to talk to him. Just a casual "hey, how are you" kinda thing. It turns out he was actually in Iraq and had only been there for 2 months, so he had a ways to go. We talked for quite some time that first night and things just clicked. He was so funny and I couldn't stop smiling. At that point, I just knew I had to keep talking to him, even just as a friend. I remember the very first time I heard his voice. It was 4am and my mom answered the phone. She came rushing into my room telling me it was him. I thought I knew what butterflies were until that moment. We got to talk for about 20 mins, but it was so worth every second. We talked what seemed like at least once a day, whether it was phone or online. I found myself very lucky because I know they don't get that very often. About 2 weeks later, I went on vacation and sent C his first care package. I didn't hear from him my whole time on vacation and I got extremely worried, but at the same time I thought that maybe he had just moved on and we had our thing. Well, I get home and about a week later I get a call from him. He had been in the hospital because him and his guys had gone over a landmine. Damn, did I feel like a douche. He hadn't forgotten me at all. From then on, we left each other little messages here and there and talked on the phone any time he could call. Valentine's Day came and he sent me the most amazing beautiful flowers, tulips, my favorite! I continued to send him packages, usually every 3 weeks. Months passed as we grew closer and closer, so did our connection. My birthday rolled around in May and he sent me a beautiful necklace with two hearts connecting with our birthstones and our names engraved around it. I think at that moment when I opened the box, I felt could this be something real and could I be falling for a guy when I haven't even met him? My heart knew..and I knew. Summer went by pretty fast, and August was approaching. We had said early on that we wanted to meet each other, but I never thought it would happen until I started feeling so strongly for him. But yes, it was going to happen. First he wanted to come straight here, but I talked him into going home to his family..that was very important! We planned that I would fly up to him in Ohio and then we'd drive down here so he could meet my family and most importantly, my daughter. She's my world and if a guy wants to even think about being with me, he has to accept her. So, August 14th was around the corner...I counted down the days. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 day left. It was here! Going to the airport was so surreal. I didn't even realize what I was doing until the plane was in the air. I was going to meet this amazing guy that I had fallen for. When I was finally in Ohio, I felt like these past months were all coming together. Something I had never planned or thought would EVER happen to me was happening. I took me a while to find him cause he was waiting outside, but when I did..it was just like OH MY GOODNESS..talk about butterflies! Honestly, words can't express how amazingly great it was to see him and run into his arms and give him a huge kiss...FINALLY!

1 comment:

Brittany! said...

It's Brittany! I saw your link on your page and I was so excited cause I use this site.
Like we talked before this is so funny because Mike and I have the same story. But I can't wait to read your latest posts and hope that I can contribute to helping you through this deployment. They are not easy but you will learn to deal and it will make you & Chris that much stronger!