9/08/2008

Leave time

Okay, so I thought getting off the plane and seeing C was amazing, but the time we spent together was even MORE amazing! We had lots of fun even with our mishaps with his car along the way!


We spent the first week in Columbus. I got to meet his family and loved his parents! We got along so well, which is one of the greatest things I could ask for. How could a girl not want to get along with the parentals? His mom and I clicked so well that for practically that whole week I was in her kitchen cooking with her. We went to church together and she even brought me to my very first volunteering at a womens shelter. I can say that it was one I won't forget. You never understand what people go through, unless you listen to their stories and look around and realize where you are in life. You really do take things for granted until you're faced with how other people live, eat and sleep. I can honestly say a little part of me has changed from just spending some time there.

We went out to downtown Columbus and shopped around with his best friend and his wife. They are by far the cutest couple and her belly was a growing part to that family. She's 8 months pregnant and it was so cute to see that again..oh how I miss it! (Just not ready again yet..that's a whole other story on its own!) We went to the Melting Pot and stuffed out faces! There shopping there is amazing by the way, it's like a city of just shops and restaurants, it's so awesome! I love it there.

After spending a week there, we packed up and headed out in his convertible Eclipse. Here we come, FL or bust! And let me tell you..it almost was a bust! We left at 8am for our 18 hour drive. Everything was going good..we were barely in West Virginia before we had our first stop, Mickey D's..no Starbucks around in this hick town! I needed my coffee fix if I was going to survive this! It was probably every 2 hours that we stopped cause of my damn bladder with all the drinks I had. Oh well, I had to go! We made it to South Carolina when we ate at Hooters..and it was actually my idea! What can I say, I've got love for those Hooter girls! Haha. In all actuality for us leaving when a storm was going through Fl, things were going pretty fast. We hit the state line at about midnight, so we were pretty good on time with all the stops we made. So, we're literally 2 hours from my house and I was driving, when his car started making a weird noise and it didn't help that we were almost out of gas! I pulled over and of course he woke up to hearing his car making this funky sound and we both started to get worried. We barely made it to the gas station, but we did. It turns out it was his pulley and it just decided to come off..oh great! I tried to say we should stay the night there and get it fixed in the morning, but no he's a hard head and wanted to get home. So, we trekked on...minus one pulley! We made it 40 more miles when his car started giving out, slowly dying. GREEEAT! Here we are on the side of the road at 3am. $300 and a coked up tow truck driver later..we made it home by 5:30, three hours shy of being on the road for a 24 hour period. Groggy eyed we got into the house and crashed, finally. Crazy day!

That same day/night we had to go to my aunt and uncles anniversary party, so we ended up sleeping almost the whole day. We had to drive to Ft. Lauderdale for the party..yuck, more driving, but we got there. It was good, because C got to meet my family and got along so well with all of them. We had a blast!



Back to Fort Pierce and the calls start coming in from all my friends. They want to meet my "perfect army guy" as everyone calls him cause I'm always talking about him. :) What can I say? He is! The whole time he was here we spent with plenty of friends around, I'm sure he knew he was loved. He was lucky to be here on his birthday, I've never seen somebody smile so much in one day..he definitely knew he was loved on that day! I'm pretty sure he won't forget that one. ;) I wanted to make C's leave amazing as I could be and I hope it was. I just can't wait till the day I see you again. Just 3 months babe!


No comments: