9/08/2008

It's not goodbye..it's see you soon

Saying our farewell was so hard. I didn't even imagine it when he first got here. It hadn't really hit me that I'd have to farewell in only a few short weeks. Our time together was truly amazing and I can't wait till the day that we can pick it back up again. When I'll see you once again in an airport, but I'll be picking you up this time! Taking him there sucked but I knew it had to be done. We did have one extra day that we didn't think would happen, but it did and it was awesome. I'm so thankful for the time that he did have. We'll just have to take this one day at a time and get through it. I think of all the army wives, girlfriends and fiances that send their men off. I certainly have a newfound respect for them. It is indeed hard. Yes, I may be a new "significant other" in this thing, but I'm here and this is the path I have chosen. You can't help who you fall for I guess. I hope that I'm strong enough for this, that's why I started this whole blog thing. It helps me get my thoughts out and tie me to other people that are going through the same thing. One day at a time is definitely my new motto!!

2 comments:

New Girl on Post said...

I just wanted to stop by and say hello! I really enjoyed looking through the pictures of you and your boyfriend. The two of you are so cute! I'll be adding you to my blog list too. :)

The Mrs. said...

ah saying goodbye again sucks. I wish I could say something witty about it but sucks sucks sucks is all I can come up with. But you seem to have a great attitude. One day at a time until hes home for good!