9/11/2008

College here I come....again!

I've decided to go back and finish my AA. So, today I went to the college to see what classes I should take. I initially started school back in 05 a little after I graduated high school. My love has always been with the movie, film and/or makeup industry. I just never knew which direction I wanted to go in. In high school I was in TV Production, Journalism, Yearbook, Drama and Photography. I went away to The Art Institute trying for photography, but me being a total dimwit, I wasted a great opportunity by partying and putting my parents money down the drain. I moved back home after a semester and went to the community college here, where I started my General Ed for my AA. Got through a semester there, but then found out I was preggers. What was a shocking bump in the road turned into the best thing that ever happened to me. 9 months later and I had my beautiful little sunshine, Gracie. Being a mom is so rewarding and I couldn't picture not having her in my life. To some it was unconventional the way it happened, but honestly, to me if I never had had her, I'd still be in my partying days and probably not serious about life at all. She made me grow up and realize what life's all about. After being home with her for a year I thought I'd go back to school. I wanted to do makeup, but they didn't offer that at the college. I was going to do the full cosmetology..but ended up only taking the aesthetics course because I have no interest in nails or hair as a profession. When I graduated, I looked for a job at a spa, but nobody was hiring. So I took a job at Express, but kept my eyes open. I started looking into makeup school during the summer and found the perfect one. It's in Orlando..but it's also A LOT of money. My mom still thought it was worth looking into. August rolled around and I left Express because C was coming home and the next semester for makeup school starts in October. Soooo..we're pretty much caught up to present day. Since meeting Chris, I've really dug deep into what I really want in life. Do I want to be a still at home army wife/mom? Do I want to still go on and have a career? Should I even think about changing things now? Am I second guessing myself? Is this what I really want and can I see myself doing this for the next 20+ years? Well, at this point I'm thinking I'm going to go back and finish my AA and see where that takes me. If I went ahead and did makeup school now, I'd have to find something right away to use my knowledge in or else I'll forget what I just paid all that money for. So I think for know I'm going to focus on my AA. We shall see what the future holds!!

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

Came across your site through New Girl on Post, I'm a former Army girlfriend (my boy got out in April) myself! Welcome to this life and I hope you figure out exactly what you want to do :)