10/13/2008

Hey life, can you answer my call already?

I want to be a somebody. I don't want to stay at the place I am in life and not go anywhere. I want to finish college. I want a degree. I want to live in a loft in the city. I want to experience the world. I want to travel and see the ends and outs of everything. And I truly believe I can do it..I WILL do it AND succeed.

College will come shortly after the holidays and I WILL get my butt into gear and fully through myself into it. If I want more in life, then I'm going to have to work for it. Which brings me to this..I STILL don't know what I want to do or be in life. I'm 22 and still don't know which direction I'd like to go towards.

I'm a very creative person, but in the same aspect I love to manage and direct things. I've plundered with certain career goals more on my artistic side, like for instance photography. (One semester at The Art Institute down the drain...ugh.) I love photography..but it just wasn't in the cards for me as a career. Then I've thought of event planning and interior designing and make-up artistry (which I almost went to school for this month). Then I've thought going into the more management side of myself by going for a business degree, because I could honestly go anywhere with that. But, then I see people where they've targeted a specific major and know exactly what they want to do. Something with 4 or 5 words in the title. Honestly, how do you find out about these random jobs and know that's what you want to do!? It's all still so confusing for me but I hope it will come to me in time. Like today, just a few hours ago, I was thinking about minoring in history because it's something I've always been fascinated by, but is it something I would use for what I want in a job? Errrr....see!

1 comment:

Lindsay Gray said...

Given your broad interests, perhaps you could look into a degree that covers a broad area. For instance a management or marketing degree. You can manage or market anything! The trick comes in finding something you enjoy and gaining job experience in that field.

Maybe you would be better as an office manager for a photography studio than as a photographer? Don't forget that what you major in isn't as important as good work experience and excitement about what you want to do.

Don't worry, you will figure it out. Just don't put to much pressure on yourself to decide right now.

Thanks for stopping by my blog, and I am loving reading your story!