10/06/2008

Weight Loss

I've always been the heavier girl..you know, the "funny fat friend"? Yeah that was me. I went up and down through out high school..my lightest I was at about 150 and a size 9/10, which I'm not saying that's the biggest ever, but I'm barely 5'2 and that was my lightest. My heaviest I was roughly 190 lbs (almost as much as when I was when I was 9 months pregnant!) and not fitting into the junior clothes at all. I can't tell you how desperate I wanted to fit into them. I remember being 15 and having to go into the adult 'plus size' section with my mom and I couldn't have been more moritfied. Nobody at 15 should have to go through that. I never really let it show that it bothered me because I was overall a happy person, always the life of the party..but inside I was always jealous, upset and depressed. Who wouldn't be? I was never the girl that was the hot or cute one, rather the good friend or funny girl.



Well I've come a long way. Many things in my life have changed, but one main thing is my weight. It's been 9 months since I've decided to turn my life around with my health. I've had a few bumps and curves along the way, but I've come so far and I'm not going back! I've never ever been the one to want to go to the gym or work out, but I absolutely love it now! Getting up and doing it is sometimes is a trial, but once I get into it, I'm a machine! I've found my newfound self and can't wait to see what the future holds for me. I'm on my way of checking off my "to do" on my Bucket List of completing a marathon..hopefully a triathelon at some point! So when I have bad days, I have to remind myself that if I'm at the point of thinking about a marathon, then there are really no BAD days. I wanted to share this just because well it's worth sharing! So, here's my before and after photos I'd love to show you all. Enjoy! I know I do!

Me and the bestie
*Before*
(180lbs.)
*After*
(143lbs.)





Just Me
*Before*
(About 175lbs.)
*After*
(136lbs.)

13 comments:

New Girl on Post said...

I think you look amazing! Kudos to you for the weight loss! I don't think people always realize how hard that can be.

I think I started trying to lose weight about the same time as you. My doctor on-post asked if I was concerned about my weight and I was. I'm a little taller than you 5'4 and I was 163 when I started losing weight. I'm about 145 now and I'd like to lose about 10 more lbs, but I'm really loving how I look now.

Again, congrats to you!

Kristen said...

That is awesome! You are so cute! You look great!!! Good luck with the marathon training...I would have a lot of work to do to get into that kind of shape. I am not a runner.

The Mrs. said...

holy crap! And your a mom. I'm impressed. Really impressed. Good for you for working so hard, and it is hard work. I got fed up a few months back and have really been trying to eat healthier and what not and while its work its worth it. Thankfully I've got some height 5'7 to stretch the jiggle out but still. I dont want to be one of those moms who just kinda lets herself go.

So good for you! You look great.

I was going to email you back after I read the comment you left on my blog about motherhood but I didnt see an email (mine is up in the profile if you ever have any questions about motherhood and military) but how do i do it? I drink.

IM KIDDING! I actually dont drink a drop. But honestly how we do it... we just do. It sucks but its the price that some have to pay. Like I said email me if you ever have questions or anything. My husband was a marine brat so we have that perspective of it too.

Kristen said...

We aren't living together right now bc of the deployment, but we didn't live together before bc my credits wouldn't transfer so it would be like throwing 5 years of undergrad and grad school down the drain since I never got a bachelor's. I just went straight into pharmacy school. It isn't too hard for me to balance things right now, but I don't have kids yet. I can't imagine how rough that can be. As for the lingo, you'll pick up on it. For a while I had the DOD acronym dictionary website on my favorites, and I would look up what he was talking about sometimes. I have always been a planner, but the last couple years being around the Army has really taught me what is important in life and how to roll with everything that gets thrown my way. You can do it, seriously, you can!

Lindsay Gray said...

Wow! What a transformation! You must be so proud of yourself! Also, what a great example to give your daughter.

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I met *R* for about an hour before he deployed back to Iraq, and then spent the next 4 months getting to know him. It was a wonderful way to start our relationship.

Im looking forward to reading more about yoU!

Mrs. Air Force said...

crap! you make me so jealous :/

you look amazing!!

wish i could get there faster!

Katie said...

You look GREAT! Keep up the amazing work!

d.a.r. said...

Wow that is amazing, congratulations! You look sooooo good!

And by the way, I would die with marathon training, so good for you!

Erin said...

Congratulations! That is awesome!

jlc said...

Wo-ow!

You look amazing!!

That's very inspiring and absolutely impressive.

*One Step at a Time* said...

Yay! I came across your blog and love this post!! I can totally relate to it! I went through an extremely similar situation with my life and have lost 50ish pounds as well!! I can definitely relate to how much of a life change losing weight is!! Congrats and you look fabulous :)

Skippin' Rope said...

That's so amazing! Congrats on your success! I recently just started turning my life to a healthier one myself. It's hard since I loooooove sweets but it's great to know someone else did it. You are such an inspiration and encouragment to me!

Thanks for posting this!

Anonymous said...

You look freakin' incredible! Simply gorgeous! And that's such a hot outfit!! Go you!

I found your blog through katie. Hope you don't mind me de-lurking myself =)